Job Posting OPEN
Producer, Radio News - WBFO
Buffalo Toronto Public Media is your local
source for television and radio –
WNED PBS, WNED PBS KIDS, WNED Create,
WBFO NPR, WNED Classical, and WBFO The Bridge!
We reach Western New York and
Southern Ontario and can be streamed from your favorite device.
our communities through exploration and entertainment—everywhere.
We’re looking for a Producer,
News Radio for WBFO!
you’ll be doing:
The Producer is responsible
for producing WBFO’s daily radio show(s), hosting, supporting our reporting
pillars, and producing content for the station’s daily programming, including Buffalo What’s Next?. This individual is also responsible for coordinating and managing all
aspects of assigned productions, including research, writing, budgeting,
development of production schedule, field and studio production, post-production
and delivery. This individual works with the Managing Editor/Executive Producer
to initiate and develop new production projects for WBFO’s on-air and digital
platforms including television and radio broadcast, podcast, online streaming
and digital social media channels.
This position can
be hybrid – a blend of remote and in-office work.
In summary, this individual will:
- Serve as producer and occasional host of Buffalo, What’s Next?
and other daily shows; be responsible for the full production cycle of assigned
- Direct and delegate tasks accordingly to respective staff
- Coordinate the daily aspects of Buffalo, What’s Next? including
rundowns, scripts, guest lineups, pre- and post-production, etc.
- Evaluate and book guests for Buffalo, What’s Next? and other
daily shows and special programming, as assigned
- Coordinate and execute on-location producing, as needed
- Perform board operation, ensure timely and uninterrupted
broadcasts, edit and produce useable audio for various platforms, etc.
- Cultivate sources, investigate and conduct
research; appropriately interview individuals and subject matter experts for broadcast
- Develop and maintain diverse community partnerships; identify
opportunities to work with underserved communities; conduct outreach
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in
journalism, broadcasting, media, related field or comparable four (4) years of
- Minimum of five
(5) years of experience as a Producer working on a variety of digital and
- Demonstrated experience in producing both
long-form and short-form content for digital and broadcast platforms
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer programs
including Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite, including proficiency
with Adobe Audition
- Demonstrated ability of successfully building
relationships and key partnerships in production sectors
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with
high-level of presentation ability; confident and comfortable with
- Must be
well-organized, creative, have exceptional attention to detail and capable of
- Exceptional project and time management skills
with the ability to manage concurrent projects specifically in a fluid,
unpredictable news room environment
- Demonstrated leadership ability and continually
ability and skills to operate production equipment
- Creative thinker with strong time
management and problem-solving skills
- Experience in maintaining high journalistic
standards including objectivity, balance and fairness
Because we’re awesome! You won’t find a better group of talented, energetic
people dedicated to quality content and reaching the various communities of our
region. We are proud of our culture and
promote a realistic balance of both work and personal life. Our benefits package is fantastic and we have
This is a full-time, non-exempt
hourly position and starting pay will be based on education, experience and
interview. Starting range: $48k - $60K.
- 12 paid
- 3 weeks
of paid vacation
- Sick time
Dental, Life, Vision Short- & Long-Term Disability insurance options
Savings Account (for applicable plans) with employer contribution
Spending Account option
Life, Accident, Critical Illness coverage options
Assistance (based on eligibility)
Plan with 7.5% employer match (based
Buffalo Toronto Public Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion.