Job Posting OPEN
Home Finder - Therapeutic Foster Care
Please note: You must complete each section of the employment
application in order to be considered for the next steps in our recruitment
process. Attaching a resume will not take the place of your completed
application. Thank you.
Catholic Charities of Steuben has an opening in our Hornell, NY offices. This Home Finder will work as the Therapeutic Foster Home Finder and be responsible for fulfilling foster home recruitment, certification and associated service functions of the Therapeutic Foster Home Program.
1. Assures that the policies, rules and regulations of the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS), and the Agency as they are applicable to direct services and Adoption and Safe Families Act (ASFA) guidelines for children and families, are adequately and appropriately adhered to.
2. Completes of all foster home studies and procuring required supporting documents within regulatory time frames.
3. Acts as a representative of the program within the community and among human services community agencies, coordinating foster home recruitment activities as needed.
4. Serves as a member of the program intake team to assist in the selection of foster homes for the most appropriate placement of children.
5. Provides GPS/MAPP II training for certification of new foster parent groups, or provides “Deciding Together” curriculum with individual family applicants.
6. Assures the maintenance and retention of all foster home files in compliance with all State and Federal requirements.
7. Participates as a member of the Child Assessment Review Team (C.A.R.T.) and team meetings providing information and updates regarding foster home availability, updates, and placement recommendations.
8. Completes quarterly evaluations and annual re-certification of all foster homes.
9. Meets regularly with local social services as part of the program’s marketing effort and to obtain information concerning current trends and needs for program planning.
10. Maintains program statistical information as required by the Agency and funding sources.
11. Supervises visitation between family members to assure safety and best interest of all members as necessary.
12. Coordinates, arranges, attends, and/or provides on-going training for foster parents to assure adequate availability of topics and hours to meet annual program requirements.
13. Attends, participates in, or provides in-service trainings.
14. Maintains the foster parent library.
15. Provides after-hours on-call coverage for the Therapeutic Foster Care Program (in program rotation).
16. Is responsible for any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
TITLE OF DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Coordinator of Therapeutic Foster Care
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field with prior experience preferred. 1 – 2 years of experience in case assessment, social work and/or service coordination. Prior experience in Child Welfare programs preferred.