Job Posting CLOSED
Case Worker Supervised Visitation
Under the direction of the Supervised Visitation Coordinator, provide supervised visitation to families involved in the child welfare system, in accordance with contract provisions.
1. Review with adult participants, prior to initial family visit, the rights and responsibilities as well as the process and protocols related to supervised visitation
2. Provide necessary supervision and coaching or interactions of all adults and/children involved in the supervised visitation, promoting the child’s safety and well-being.
3. Record detailed observations concerning the interactions of all adults and children the supervisor.
4. Provide supervisor with written narrative of the visit activities upon completion of the visit.
5. Upon request, attend service plan reviews and/or providing in-court testimony.
6. Maintain records of all visits including those cancelled or no shows.
7. Participate in staff meetings and other agency-related meetings/events.
8. Participate in agency’s strategic planning efforts.
9. Complete required agency and program reports in a timely manner.
10. Perform other related duties as required/requested.
TITLE OF DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Supervised Visitation Coordinator
EDUCATION: Associates Degree in Human Services preferred;
Two years’ experience in family court or other types of human service
Knowledge of family and child welfare delivery systems, current parenting skills, and child development.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.
• Willingness to foster agency, department and program wide cooperation and team work through use of positive/constructive communication techniques.
• Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of all consumer information.
• Proficiency and experience with PC’s and Microsoft applications.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data and to handle problem resolution.
• Possession of a valid NYS Driver’s license and a driver's record considered acceptable by agency and insurance carrier.
• Continuous use of a reliable, registered and insured vehicle.
• Willing to travel and to attend evening meetings
• Demonstrate commitment to Agency Mission Statement.
• Compliance: Adheres to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations including, but not limited to, those governing confidentiality, privacy, program, billing and documentation standards. All duties must be performed in accordance with CCDR’s corporate compliance and ethics program.
Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodation:
• Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment, including motor vehicle;
• Stand, sit, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, and reach;
• Climb up or down stairs;
• Able to reach above or below shoulders;
• Occasionally lift or move objects weighing up to 10 lbs.;
• Sitting at a desk or in a vehicle for long periods of time to perform certain job functions;
• Ability to read write and interpret written documents;