Job Posting OPEN
PRIMARY FUNCTION Provide day-to-day janitorial and maintenance services to the assigned property(ies)
1. Common area care including: lawn mowing, raking, weeding and hedge trimming. Snow removal from and salting of common areas (in season);
2. Clean common areas according to maintenance calendar and approved procedures. Police area for trash and debris;
3. Perform service requests and schedule outside technical staff, upon request, to make additions, changes or repairs to building systems;
4. Assist with scheduling, coordinating and monitoring of the performance of laborers, vendors and contractors providing services on site as assigned by the Property Manager;
5. Perform basic and intermediate skill assembly and maintenance tasks on plumbing and electrical components, window and door hardware, mechanical services, carpentry, painting and drywall;
6. Maintain an inventory of tools, equipment and supplies for the operation of the property. Place routine orders for supplies, from approved vendors, to maintain appropriate inventory;
7. Periodic repainting and repairing of walls, doors, trim in common areas, vacant apartments, and exterior of building(s);
8. Move packages, furniture and equipment as required. Use mechanical aids as appropriate for moving or lifting heavy or awkward loads;
9. Respond to calls from the Property Manager or monitoring company for fire, security or other alarms or tenant emergencies at the property. Search, correct fault(s) and secure the building as required and report to Property Manager;
10. Provide written reports of activities or other documentation to the Property Manager or others as required;
11. Perform other related duties as determined by the Property Manager;
12. Adhere to property maintenance schedule;
13. Complete on-call services as scheduled;
14. Attend periodic training for Fair Housing, HVAC, Building Systems or other relevant topics.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
• 100% compliance with fair housing regulations.
• Friendly, helpful, courteous interactions with tenants, vendors and co-workers.
• 100% of scheduled preventative maintenance completed monthly.
• Ensure that a minimum of 95% of work orders are completed with 24 hours.
• Ensure that apartment make readies do not exceed 4 days for apartments and 8 days for single family homes.
• Maintain properties to limit potential health and safety issues.
• Provide mentoring/training to Maintenance Assistant if applicable.
• High school graduate. Trade specific training desirable
• One or more years of building and grounds maintenance experience.