Job Posting OPEN
Please note: You must complete each section of the employment application in order to be considered for the next steps in our recruitment process. Attaching a resume will not take the place of your completed application. Thank you.
1. Common area care including: lawn mowing, raking, weeding and hedge trimming. Snow removal from and salting of common areas (in season);
2. Clean common areas according to maintenance calendar and approved procedures. Police area for trash and debris;
3. Perform basic maintenance tasks on plumbing and electrical components, window and door hardware, mechanical services, carpentry, painting and drywall;
4. Periodic repainting and repairing of walls, doors, trim in common areas, vacant apartments, and exterior of building(s);
5. Move packages, furniture and equipment as required. Use mechanical aids as appropriate for moving or lifting heavy or awkward loads;
6. Respond to calls from the Property Manager or monitoring company for fire, security or other alarms or tenant emergencies at the property. Search, correct fault(s) and secure the building as required and report to Property Manager;
7. Provide written reports of activities or other documentation to the Property Manager or others as required;
8. Perform other related duties as determined by the Property Manager;
9. Adhere to property maintenance schedule;
10. Attend periodic training for fair housing, building systems or other relevant topics.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- 100% compliance with fair housing regulations.
- Maintain property in manner that limits potential health and safety issues.
- Friendly, helpful, courteous interaction with tenants, vendors and co-workers.
High school graduate. Trade specific training desirable
One or more years of building and grounds maintenance experience.
1. Ability to ascend/descend stairs
2. Ability to lift, push and/or reach for objects
3. Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, crouch and/or stand while performing duties
4. Ability to work with all levels of personnel
· High energy level
· Ability to life up to 75 lbs. without assistance
· Mechanical aptitude
· Reliable and insured transportation
· Valid NYS driver’s license and driving record acceptable to agency
· Openness to flexible schedule
· Good reading comprehension and writing skills
· Good interpersonal skills to interact with tenants
· Clean police record
· Drug free, substance free, lifestyle