Job Posting OPEN
Customer Engagement Manager - Watertown NY
The Customer Engagement Manager is responsible for successfully culminating recruitment efforts by initiating and pursuing communications strategies and protocols needed to convert prospective members (leads) to registered members and supporting members with the renewal process. In addition, the Customer Engagement Manager provides professional, superior customer service to all internal and external customers, members, volunteers, staff and other community contacts in person, electronically and by phone.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports our membership within assigned territory, including troops, service units and individual members, both girl and adult • Operates as the point of contact for assigned territory • Develops and maintains long-term relationships with territory • Makes sure members receive requested services and support in a timely fashion promoting a positive experience for all members • Communicates member needs and demands to leadership • Collaborates with Engagement Managers to reach prospective members and renew existing members • Manage projects, working to carry out member goals while meeting council goals • Identifies opportunities to exceed council goals • Coordinate with staff members to ensure consistent service • Collaborates with Engagement Team weekly • Service multiple service units concurrently, often meeting deadlines • Keep records of member communications • Other duties as assigned; specifically to support other departments throughout the member year
Engagement Manager Page 2 of 3
The Customer Engagement Manager does not have any supervisory requirements.
Minimum Qualification Standards:
• High school diploma required; associate’s degree preferred and/or 4 years of relevant experience.
• One to two years previous related experience
• Must have own transportation and maintain a valid NYS Driver’s License and be able to travel to all 26 counties of the council.
• Must have ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate evening and weekend work.
Required, Specialized, or Technical Knowledge:
• Advanced customer service skills, even in the most difficult situations. Commits to satisfying internal and external customers and takes responsibility to resolve customer complaints; responds to customer requests in a timely manner; elicits feedback from customers; creates strategies to help the organization serve customers more effectively; considers both short and long-term interests of the customer in making service decisions
• Proven oral and written communication abilities with an emphasis on active listening and customer service skills; able to communicate effectively with a diverse group of customers, volunteers and staff
• Self-starter who can work independently and takes initiative; is flexible, adaptable, organized and has a strong attention to detail
• Ability to view the council as a whole vs. individualized regions or federations to insure consistent opportunities and messaging.
• Must subscribe to the principles of the Girl Scout Movement and become a registered member of GSUSA.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
Computer, network, cell phone, fax, telephone, voice mail, copier.
Computer Software: Microsoft Office to include Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce, Vendor-specific software, bulk email software, inventory and retail software.
Safety Equipment: None required
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, grasp, handle or feel, push, pull, reach, climb, balance, stoop, crouch, bend, or kneel, drive and perform repetitive motions of the hands and/or wrists.
• Close mental and heavy visual attention required to perform work dealing primarily with preparing and analyzing data and figures, using a computer terminal, and reading.
Exerts up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
Engagement Manager Page 3 of 3
• Average 10% day-time travel to meetings, cultivation opportunities, and activities.
• 15% evening and weekend work conditions occur regularly throughout the membership year.
• There is no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions with the exception of weather related travel conditions.
• All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
• This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
• The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee's job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
• This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.