Job Posting OPEN
Director, Leadership & Legacy Giving Programs
Buffalo Toronto Public Media is your local
source for television and radio –
WNED PBS, WNED PBS KIDS, WNED Create,
WBFO NPR, WNED Classical, and WBFO The Bridge!
We reach Western New York and
Southern Ontario and can be streamed from your favorite device.
our communities through exploration and entertainment—everywhere.
We’re looking for a Director,
Leadership & Legacy Giving Programs!
you’ll be doing:
The Director, Leadership & Legacy Giving Programs is responsible for sustaining and growing the organization’s major giving program for our family of stations. Under the guidance of the SVP&CDO, this individual will manage all aspects our major donor and planned giving (Legacy) programs, which includes the creation of on-air fundraising appeals, direct mail and digital solicitation pieces, and other collateral. This position can be hybrid – a blend of remote and in-office work.
In summary, this individual will:
- Develop and manage the Leadership Giving Program
- Develop, manage, and expand a formal Planned Giving (Legacy) program
- Pursue funding opportunities to support special projects and other fundraising initiatives
- Research and stay up-to-date on current and upcoming tax laws/restrictions that affect donor options and giving patterns
- Oversee the creation and broadcast of day sponsorship program on WBFO and WNED Classical
- Develop, train, supervise, and lead the department staff (full and part-time)
- Travel as required locally or internationally (Toronto, Canada)
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in Nonprofit Management,
Public Administration, Marketing or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of strategic fundraising
nonprofit development experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Superior communication skills both verbal and
written, both print and digital
- Exceptional organization and time management skills;
ability to meet deadlines and prioritize
- Comfortable and effective working both independently
and in team-based environments
proficiency with computer programs including Microsoft Office and fundraising
- Travel requirement: approximately 15%, primarily
local travel, some evenings/weekends may be required
Because we’re awesome! You won’t find a better group of talented,
energetic people dedicated to quality content and reaching the various
communities of our region. We are proud
of our culture and promote a realistic balance of both work and personal life. Our benefits package is fantastic and we have
This is a full-time, exempt
salaried position and starting pay will be based on education, experience and
interview. Starting range: $60k - $80k.
- 12 paid
- 5 weeks
of paid vacation
- Sick time
Dental, Life, Vision Short- & Long-Term Disability insurance options
Savings Account (for applicable plans) with employer contribution
Spending Account option
Life, Accident, Critical Illness coverage options
- Tuition Assistance
(based on eligibility)
Plan with 7.5% employer match (based
Buffalo Toronto Public Media is an Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion.