Job Posting OPEN
Multimedia Specialist - Cicero, NY
Girl Scouts of NYPENN Pathways believes brand marketing and communications is vital to the Girl Scout Movement’s success in delivering on its mission of building girls of courage confidence and character who make the world a better place. Here's your opportunity to enhance your career while making a difference in girls’ lives and in the world. We currently have an opening for a creative, forward-thinking Multimedia Specialist in our Cicero, NY Service Center.
The Multimedia Specialist is a member of the Marketing & Communications team and is responsible for supporting the integration, consistency, design, and production of all promotional and multimedia efforts (print/digital) to enhance the Girl Scouts of NYPENN Pathways (GSNYPENN) brand and reputation. The specialist helps fulfill the objectives, policies, and plans for marketing the council to a variety of audiences. The specialist reports to the Senior Director of Marketing & Communications to execute against the council’s strategic marketing plan and creative direction and together with all MarComm team members helps oversee the implementation and execution of various efforts associated. This position ensures projects receive the resources and attention needed to be successful. This role performs administrative tasks related to departmental goals/tactics and operations and works across departments to develop data dashboards. This position also works closely and collaboratively with all functional areas in furtherance of council goals.
- Produce a variety of digital/print marketing and communications collateral according to Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) and GSNYPENN brand and voice standards.
- Support graphic design projects from pre-production through print.
- Secure bids from vendors for production of collateral and strategize with Senior Director of Marketing & Communications to meet annual budget requirements.
- Support email marketing efforts, written content, mailing list preparation, A/B testing, and analytics.
- Create and maintain council website content and design.
- Help plan a comprehensive social media calendar team and execute against it through the creation of compelling social content, promotional ads, and boosted posts to advertise council across channels. Create monthly strategy and coverage reports for review.
- Help manage council SEO/SEM strategy and execute against it.
- Help manage video/photo shoots, gather content, serve as photographer/videographer, and manage content archive.
- Keep current on Movement, market, and industry trends and share findings with team.
- Attend meetings with managers, directors, volunteers, service centers, etc.
- Other MarComm and administrative tasks as required, requested and assigned.
- Work productively with a diverse group of people.
- Subscribe to tenets of the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
- Ability to model behavior consistent with the Principles of Inclusiveness and Girl Scout Mission, Promise, Values, and Law.
- Demonstrates the passion and drive to be a part of an organization devoted to the development and support of girls.
- Demonstrated skills with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and social media platforms.
- Demonstrated skills with AdWords, Google Analytics, SEO, SEM and marketing/advertising techniques to measure effectiveness.
- Excellent graphic design and written/verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce and/or relevant CRM platforms, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and/or relevant email marketing platforms, and AEM and/or relevant website content management systems.
- Ability to effectively identify, analyze, and solve problems.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all other functional areas in furtherance of council goals.
- Must hold membership in the Girl Scout organization and subscribe to the tenets of the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
- Adhere to all COVID-19 protocols required by NYS Department of Health and GSNYPENN.
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination subject to legally valid exemptions.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, multimedia, communications, advertising, or marketing preferred.
- Must provide a comprehensive portfolio of design, videography, photography, and written work for interview consideration.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience and/or combined relevant education and experience required.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule—including evenings, weekends, and remotely.
- Must have access to personal transportation to travel the 26-county jurisdiction and have a valid driver’s license.
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination is required of all staff.
Ability to lift and exert up to 15 pounds.
Pay and Benefits:
$22 - $24/hour depending on experience.
Full benefits package including health, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, life, disability, 403b Retirement Plan, generous PTO policy and flexible hybrid work schedule of 36 hours per week.
Equal Opportunity Employer