Job Posting OPEN
Please note that you
need to fill out this application by answering all possible questions that you
can including past employment history, education as well as contact
information. A Resume attached will not count as an application and will
be marked as incomplete.
Catholic Charities Chemung/Schuyler currently has an opening for a Care Manager in Elmira, NY.
The Care Manager provides care management services to children or adults living in Chemung County who have been diagnosed with two or more chronic illnesses, Serious Mental Illness or HIV/AIDS.
1. Conduct outreach activities to engage potential participants.
2. Screen and assess clients for program eligibility and determine which program and level of services that meet the client’s needs.
3. Provide direct care management services maintaining accurate and verifiable documentation of all services rendered to assist people in their recovery journey.
4. Complete person centered comprehensive and detailed assessments, reviews, crisis plans and care plans and progress notes as required by standards set by DOH and lead Health Home contractors.
5. Implementation of plans to the satisfaction of the clients served.
6. Provide a core service for each client monthly as required or when needed, to assure all care plan goals are addressed.
7. Maintain telephone availability for clients during the workday.
8. Assist clients with applications and paperwork for and management of benefits, financial, housing or other related areas as needed.
9. Arrange for and manage coordination of medical care and other services as needed for clients.
10. Provide assistance to clients in accessing community-based supports.
11. Communicate with management staff regarding intakes and placement of clients within each program.
12. Ensure adequate coordination, appropriate communication and maximum cooperation between all sources of support and services.
13. Participate in the department’s Hotline-On Call rotation up and activate county mobile crises outreach, as needed.
14. Serve as client advocate.
15. Facilitate/attend case conferences and case reviews.
16. Participate in staff meetings and other Care Management department activities.
17. Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state, federal and Health Home Network regulations and agency policies.
18. Participate in all mandatory training as required by CCC/S and Health Homes.
19. Represent agency on appropriate boards and committees as assigned by CC Director.
20. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field. Two years of experience working with persons with disabilities and/or chronic illnesses.
Bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field with five years of paid experience working with persons with disabilities and/or chronic illnesses.
Master’s degree in Human Services or related field and one year of paid experience working with persons with disabilities and/or chronic illnesses.
A combination of education and experience may be substituted at the discretion of the Executive Director.