Job Posting OPEN
Counselor Assistant assists in the care of residents and, provides support with
the daily operation of the facility. The counselor assistant provides person
centered care coordination and case management to residents.
1. Gets involved in resident’s daily activities, observes
behavior and insures the maintenance of appropriate conduct.
2. Provides for the safety and integrity of the facility
and its residents at all times.
3. Ensures all records are locked and medications are
stored and monitored according to program policy.
4. Ensures the adherence of confidentiality regulations.
5. Provides referral and care coordination services to
residents and communicates with resident’s appropriate service providers.
6. Provides psychoeducation and training to residents in
7. Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with
residents, staff, and community professionals and documents according to
reporting and recordkeeping policies.
8. Participates in the development and maintenance of the
9. Provides basic crisis management as needed and
addresses concerns with appropriate clinical staff members and external
treatment providers as appropriate.
10. Transports residents in agency vehicles to program
11. Uses the daily log and progress notes to communicate
information gathered during assigned shifts.
12. Provides screening, intake, and orientation services
13. Co-facilitate groups with CASAC level or higher, as
assigned by the Clinical Supervisor.
14. Meets one on one with a caseload of residents for
provision of case management services and prepares progress notes at least once
per week reflecting on the goals and objectives of the resident’s service
15. Provides comprehensive case management services and
complete access to community services for legal, mental health, social
services, vocational assessments, and misc. needs.
16. Responsible to ensure compliant recordkeeping.
17. Participates in supervision sessions actively and
professional development/ training.
18. Adheres to Agency policies and procedures, performs
other related tasks as assigned.
TITLE OF DIRECT SUPERVISOR:
Minimum of High School Diploma or GED required. Associate’s degree in
Human Service related field, or CASAC-T preferred.
Two years of prior experience in substance abuse or related human
service field required.
As per Justice Center recommendations, all counselor assistants must be
21 years of age or older.