Job Posting OPEN
Housing Counselor - Housing Counseling
The Housing Counselor serves as a member of the Housing Counseling Services staff team with specific responsibilities for designated program administration functions, outreach/education to recruit program participants, direct counseling of consumers related to mortgage foreclosure prevention, financial fitness, homeownership; post-purchase education/training and homeowner association events; networking with lenders, relators and community partners.
1. Outreach/recruitment for public awareness and participation in all services; network with lenders, realtors, community partners.
2. Provide group education/training and one-on-one counseling for first-time homebuyers.
3. Post-purchase education/counseling for new homeowners and participation in Homeowner Association events.
4. One-on-one mortgage foreclosure prevention counseling.
5. Date entry, report preparation, file maintenance.
6. Coordinate publication/develop articles for program newsletter.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Associates’ degree or equivalent experience.
Two years’ experience in individual housing counseling or housing/human services.
A combination of education and experience may be substituted at the discretion of the Executive Director.
· Group presentation skills; money management skills; computer skills.
· Ability to speak and write competently about homeownership, credit issues, financial priority setting, money management, housing/economic justice issues.