Job Posting OPEN
Overnight Worker LaFrance
Catholic Charities Chemung Schuyler has an amazing opportunity working Sunday and Monday 12:30am – 8:30am each week.
This position will provide monitoring of participants throughout the overnight shift, ensuring the safety of participants, as well as the availability of participants to seek assistance and guidance should it be necessary. Ensure a home-like atmosphere, allowing all participants to reside in a safe and stable atmosphere, while obtaining the skills and resources necessary to acquire self-sufficiency.
1. Provide immediate direction and support to participants by addressing participant issues and providing appropriate and necessary assistance with regard to crisis situations, as they arise.
2. Review daily case notes and incident reports to familiarize yourself with the activities and status of all ESSHI participants.
3. Complete shift logs, record participant contacts throughout shift as directed.
4. Be apprised and familiar with the participant emergency contacts, hotline protocol and the location of emergency supplies at facility, utilizing police, crisis and hotline interventions as necessary to ensure the safety and well-being of all participants.
5. Maintain clear and regular dialogue with all staff, to ensure continuity of care is maintained.
6. Report and document all incidents, first aid treatments, medical emergencies, or other crisis according to policy and procedures.
7. Follow agency safety, and emergency protocols.
8. Ensure that people exercise their rights and that rights are not restricted without due process.
9. Ensure people are treated with dignity and respect.
10. Maintain and expand skills and knowledge relevant to providing high quality support and services,
keeping abreast of and following program policies and procedures.
11. Appropriately communicate all pertinent information during the work shift and from shift to shift to other team members and/or assigned supervisor.
12. Ensure facility is never left unsupervised during scheduled shifts, never leaving the facility unattended.
13. Attend all mandatory staff meetings, staff development trainings and mandatory compliance training.
14. Maintain flexibility in work schedule based on needs of participants; including working overtime, non-traditional hours and/or covering additional shifts on an emergency basis.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma/GED
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience directly with participants in the mental health field, preferred.