Job Posting CLOSED
IT Support Specialist
Buffalo Toronto Public Media is your local
source for television and radio –
WNED PBS, WNED PBS KIDS, WNED Create,
WBFO NPR, WNED Classical, and WBFO The Bridge!
We reach Western New York and
Southern Ontario and can be streamed from your favorite device.
our communities through exploration and entertainment—everywhere.
We’re looking for an
IT Support Specialist!
you’ll be doing:
The ITSS provides various levels of technical
support, training, and service organization-wide to internal employees
including equipment setup, computer hardware & software, cloud operations &
applications, and basic network infrastructure.
This individual will assess, research, and make recommendations to
management regarding computer systems efficiency, softwares and platforms, and
overall IT capabilities. This position is primarily on-site but may be hybrid – a
blend of remote and in-office work.
In summary, this individual will:
- Provide customer service to internal employees, both in-person and
remotely, for various IT matters such as hardware & software, troubleshooting
& repair, access and login issues, connectivity issues etc.
- Provide support, integration and training for various platforms and systems.
- Receive and prioritize incoming tickets.
- Maintain strict practices of confidentiality and security.
- Provide front line support to various users with varying levels of expertise and abilities.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Information Systems/Information
Technology or related field OR comparable three (3) years of experience
- Proficient in Windows & MAC operating systems
- Proficient in computer hardware and software setup & repair
- Broad familiarity with Microsoft-based applications and cloud apps (e.g. MS Office, Outlook, O365, Teams, etc.)
- Broad familiarity with current information security applications & best practices
- Familiarity with standard Ethernet infrastructure & practices
- Exceptional customer service, professionalism and patience
- Comfortable leading small and large groups in training both in-person and remotely
Because we’re awesome! You won’t find a better group of talented,
energetic people dedicated to quality content and reaching the various
communities of our region. We are proud
of our culture and promote a realistic balance of both work and personal
life. Our benefits package is fantastic
and we have free parking!
This is an exempt, salaried position and starting pay will be based on education, experience and
interview. Starting range: $39K to $49K.
- 12 paid
- 3 weeks
of paid vacation
- Sick time
Dental, Life, Vision Short- & Long-Term Disability insurance options
Savings Account (for applicable plans) with employer contribution
Spending Account option
Life, Accident, Critical Illness coverage options
Assistance (based on eligibility)
Plan with 7.5% employer match (based
Buffalo Toronto Public Media is an Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion.