Job Posting OPEN
PRIMARY FUNCTION Day-to-day management of a property or properties as assigned.
Coordinate the activities of an on-site rental property management office, including but not limited to:
1. Supervise administrative and maintenance staff and monitor workflow; approve timesheets and complete annual performance reviews of staff;
2. Interview prospective tenants to complete housing applications and collect eligibility information and documentation;
3. Effectively communicate to applicants and tenants the property and/or program guidelines, eligibility requirements and lease restrictions, and the rules and regulations applicable to the property and/or program;
4. Conduct recertification of housing eligibility for current tenants;
5. Verify accuracy of information provided by tenants or prospective tenants in accordance with regulatory requirements;
6. Recommend eligibility and suitability of tenants and prospective tenants for residency;
7. Compute income and expenses to determine applicants’ and tenants’ rental charges according to one or more applicable funding agency regulations;
8. Inspect rental units to assess housekeeping habits of tenants and identify repair and maintenance needs, status of safety equipment and need for any corrections and tenant notification;
9. Manage tenant complaints such as poor housekeeping habits, insect infestations, landlord/neighbor relations, noise, etc.; prepare and deliver oral and written lease enforcement notices when necessary;
10. Observe and address needs of tenants as they age in place;
11. Refer tenants to appropriate social service agencies, when necessary;
12. Recommend eviction of tenants when necessary and prepare initial eviction documents;
13. Prepare work orders for required repairs and maintenance;
14. Collect rents and other tenant charges, make deposits and prepare appropriate documentation;
15. Write letters, memos, reports, and complete a variety of forms and ledgers on computer;
16. Keep Regional Property Manager/Director of Asset Management informed of activities and property status;
17. Ensure rents are collected according to the lease agreement;
18. Prepare late and 3-day notices in accordance with company policy. Execute eviction process for tenants delinquent with their rent;
19. Process accounts payable in accordance with company procedures;
20. Assist with the annual property budget preparation and monitor financial performance on a monthly basis;
21. Keep apprised of all rules, regulations, statutes, laws, required to maintain a low income housing property;
22. Compile reports on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and/or annual basis, as required by PHDC and funders;
23. Participate in appropriate neighborhood associations;
24. Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and regulations, including fair housing regulations;
25. Ensure safety of building, employee(s) and tenants;
26. Provide positive marketing efforts for PHDC and property, including preparation and distribution of monthly tenant newsletters:
27. Ensure accuracy of all marketing materials;
28. Responsible to ensure all information in systems is accurate and complete;
29. Mentor/train new staff;
30. Perform other related duties as determined by the Regional Property Manager.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
• 100% compliance with fair housing regulations and regulatory requirements.
• Achieve targeted cash flow for property(ies).
• Maintain an overall annual occupancy rate of 97% or more.
• Ensure units do not remain vacant for more than 30 days.
• Collect 95% of all scheduled rents by the 5th day of each month and a minimum of 98% by the end of the month in which they are due.
• Ensure that 100% of tenants with unpaid rent either have a written payment plan or eviction process started by the 15th of each month.
• 100% of tenant recertifications are completed at least 30 days prior to the effective date.
• Friendly, helpful, courteous interactions with tenants, vendors and co-workers.
• Ensure overall tenant satisfaction.
• High School Graduate
• 3 years experience with affordable housing programs desired