Job Posting OPEN
Property Manager- Holy Rosary
PRIMARY FUNCTION Day-to-day management of a property or properties as assigned. An ideal candidate will be comfortable working with handling maintenance issues with the Maintenance Staff as well as working with our residents to support them in the community and their needs as well.
Coordinate the activities of an on-site rental property management office, including but not limited to:
1. Supervise administrative and maintenance staff and monitor workflow; approve timesheets and complete annual performance reviews of staff;
2. Interview prospective tenants to complete housing applications and collect eligibility information and documentation;
3. Effectively communicate to applicants and tenants the property and/or program guidelines, eligibility requirements and lease restrictions, and the rules and regulations applicable to the property and/or program;
4. Conduct recertification of housing eligibility for current tenants;
5. Verify accuracy of information provided by tenants or prospective tenants in accordance with regulatory requirements;
6. Recommend eligibility and suitability of tenants and prospective tenants for residency;
7. Compute income and expenses to determine applicants’ and tenants’ rental charges according to one or more applicable funding agency regulations;
8. Inspect rental units to assess housekeeping habits of tenants and identify repair and maintenance needs, status of safety equipment and need for any corrections and tenant notification;
9. Manage tenant complaints such as poor housekeeping habits, insect infestations, landlord/neighbor relations, noise, etc.; prepare and deliver oral and written lease enforcement notices when necessary;
10. Observe and address needs of tenants as they age in place;
11. Refer tenants to appropriate social service agencies, when necessary;
12. Recommend eviction of tenants when necessary and prepare initial eviction documents;
13. Prepare work orders for required repairs and maintenance;
14. Collect rents and other tenant charges, make deposits and prepare appropriate documentation;
15. Write letters, memos, reports, and complete a variety of forms and ledgers on computer;
16. Keep Regional Property Manager/Director of Asset Management informed of activities and property status;
17. Ensure rents are collected according to the lease agreement;
18. Prepare late and 3-day notices in accordance with company policy. Execute eviction process for tenants delinquent with their rent;
19. Process accounts payable in accordance with company procedures;
20. Assist with the annual property budget preparation and monitor financial performance on a monthly basis;
21. Keep apprised of all rules, regulations, statutes, laws, required to maintain a low income housing property;
22. Compile reports on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and/or annual basis, as required by PHDC and funders;
23. Participate in appropriate neighborhood associations;
24. Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and regulations, including fair housing regulations;
25. Ensure safety of building, employee(s) and tenants;
26. Provide positive marketing efforts for PHDC and property, including preparation and distribution of monthly tenant newsletters:
27. Ensure accuracy of all marketing materials;
28. Responsible to ensure all information in systems is accurate and complete;
29. Mentor/train new staff;
30. Perform other related duties as determined by the Regional Property Manager.
Title- Property Manager
FT- 40 hours per week
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
• 100% compliance with fair housing regulations and regulatory requirements.
• Achieve targeted cash flow for property(ies).
• Maintain an overall annual occupancy rate of 97% or more.
• Ensure units do not remain vacant for more than 30 days.
• Collect 95% of all scheduled rents by the 5th day of each month and a minimum of 98% by the end of the month in which they are due.
• Ensure that 100% of tenants with unpaid rent either have a written payment plan or eviction process started by the 15th of each month.
• 100% of tenant recertifications are completed at least 30 days prior to the effective date.
• Friendly, helpful, courteous interactions with tenants, vendors and co-workers.
• Ensure overall tenant satisfaction.
• High School Graduate
• 3 years experience with affordable housing programs desired