Job Posting OPEN
Position: Kitchen Aide
Program: Head Start/Early Head Start
Reports to: Nutrition Manager
Status: Part Time, 25 hours per week
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8am-1pm, 52 weeks
Hourly Wage: $15.75 per hour
Job Function: Receive food and food supplies, set tables, and serve meals family style at the designated site followed by cleaning of the dining area, as well as the kitchen area fulfilling all sanitation requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Meet delivery personnel to receive food and food supplies and sign daily delivery notices to acknowledge food and food supplies received.
- Record changes on center menu.
- Record temperatures of all hot dishes upon arrival of food. Must record food temperature prior to serving.
- Test bleach with test strips and record sanitize levels on appropriate paper.
- Maintain appropriate cleanliness of kitchen at all times which includes:
- Assist in the preparation of daily snack as needed.
- Wash dishes, silverware, serving dishes, glasses, pans, and carriers, etc.
- Maintain inventory of food and supplies on a regular basis.
Qualifications and Requirements:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Acceptable Drivers’ License. Clearance through the NYS Maltreatment Registry. Annual Physical Examination, TB Test and Fingerprinting for criminal background.
CAPCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, and physical or mental disability. CAPCO will make reasonable accommodations for qualified candidates in adherence of the Americans with Disabilities Act and New York Human Rights Act.