Job Posting OPEN
Position: Infant/Toddler Teacher
Program: Head Start/Early Head Start
Reports to: Classroom Supervisor
Status: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8am-4pm
Hourly Wage: Starting at $18.50/hour
Job Function: To design and implement a variety of active plans to stimulate and sustain the interest of young children, and that contribute to their social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development. Implementing the Head Start Performance Standards, Day Care Regulations and other mandates by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops activities and lesson plans consistent within the Creative Curriculum,
- Creates opportunities within the domains of the Birth – 5 years old Head Start Early Learning Framework.
- Designs and implements, weekly lesson plans according to the individual needs of the children.
- Completes assessments on children using appropriate evaluation tools
- Provides guidance and assistance in activity leadership. Leads children in songs, games, finger plays, and other activities.
- Observes and evaluates children's development level and maintains record of progress according to the child’s individual development plan. Interacts with children during programmed activities. Uses approved child guidance and care giving techniques which support overall program objectives.
- Conduct parent involvement activities and encourage parents to become involved.
- Conducts parent/teacher conferences and home visits. Work with families throughout the year to discuss the child’s progress and include family members in creating child development goals.
- Maintains daily attendance for meals served, health checks recorded and complies with proper signing in and out of children according to center procedures, as well as other forms of daily required documentation.
- Attends to the physical needs of the children (i.e. diapering, feeding, toileting, resting, etc.) Rocks, holds babies and assists children during family style meals. Guides children to develop self-help skills. Assists children in collecting their belongings when they depart.
- Cleans up activity materials, sweeps and mops floors after each meal in cooperation with other staff
Qualifications and Requirements: Infant/Toddler Child Development Accreditation (CDA), or a state-awarded certificate that meets or exceeds the requirements for a CDA credential, are enrolled in a program that will lead to an associate or baccalaureate degree or, are enrolled in a CDA credential program to be completed within two years of the time of hire. Associate degree (A. A.) in Early Childhood Education preferred or equivalent coursework in early childhood education, specific to caring for children Birth – 3 years old. Acceptable NYS Driver's License. Clearance through the NYS Maltreatment Registry. Must complete Dare Care regulation trainings, Initial Day Care Physical Exam and TB Testing, and Fingerprint clearance for criminal background check.
CAPCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, and physical or mental disability. CAPCO will make reasonable accommodations for qualified candidates in adherence of the Americans with Disabilities Act and New York Human Rights Act.