Job Posting OPEN
Camp Trefoil Kitchen Aide - New York State
Girl Scouts of NYPENN Pathways is looking to hire a seasonal Camp Kitchen Aide for the upcoming camp season at Camp Trefoil which is in Harrisville, NY, located on the outskirts of the gorgeous Adirondack Park. Campers get the ultimate high adventure and wilderness experience while spending a week in an intimate, outdoorsy setting. Trefoil features GSNYPENN’s only high and low ropes course! With its proximity to the Adirondack Park, Trefoil is a great location for any camper looking to explore the outdoors! Most campers spend their week sleeping in a-frame units, or our famous yurt!
The Camp Kitchen Aide is responsible for assisting the Camp Food Service Manager in providing nutritious, well-prepared meals which are served to all members of the camp community.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the daily operations of the camp’s food service as assigned by the Camp Food Service Manager. Tasks may include assisting with food preparation (such as washing, peeling, baking), set up of the dining hall, and storing food at proper temperatures.
• Assist in routine sanitation of the kitchen and related equipment; clean and maintain all food preparation and storage areas.
• Assist in the daily cleaning of all dishes.
• Promote the reduction of waste, re-use items, and recycle whenever possible.
• Work as a member of the food service team, working with the Camp Food Service Manager on assigned tasks to meet kitchen goals of timely, well-prepared meals.
• Assist with unpacking and storing food deliveries
• Assist with weekly camp clean up, including sweeping, mopping, sanitizing, trash pick-up, etc.
• Adhere to all COVID-19 protocols required by NYS Department of Health and GSNYPENN. Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
The Camp Kitchen Aide does not supervise employees.
Minimum Qualification Standards:
• Be at least 16 years of age.
• Ability to work under supervision.
• Ability to work as a member of a food service team.
• Ability to operate dishwashing equipment.
• Believe in the Girl Scout mission.
• Possess extremely high flexibility, good character, integrity, patience, sense of humor, enthusiasm, and willing to be a part of the camp community.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and details simultaneously.
• Possess good character, integrity, patience, sense of humor, enthusiasm, a high level of flexibility, and willingness to be a part of the camp community.
• Ability to work productively in a fast paced, stressful environment.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Light mental and visual attention required for performing work where there is some variety but actions taken and decisions made are limited to few possibilities. Work requires some coordination with others.
• Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
• Ability (and willingness) to live in a camp setting and work irregular hours.
• Walking on uneven terrain, up and down hills for distances up to ½ mile
• Endurance to meet emergency needs
The employee is subject to inside and/or outside environmental conditions, noise, outdoor elements such as rain, wind, sun, heat, and animals such as bugs, snakes, bats, etc.