Job Posting OPEN
Family Case Worker
Catholic Charities Finger Lakes has a Part time 20 hours/week Family Case Manager position. Under supervision of the Director of Services, the Family Case manager is responsible for providing financial literacy, parent training and support, and case management services to parenting men and women, their families and significant others in Seneca and Ontario Counties. This program also provides a group education program for the Day Reporting Program (Probation) and the Ontario County Jail.
1. Provide in-home, community, or in-office skills training to parents that includes appropriate methods of discipline, coping, communication-skills, and child development; in addition to household financial management skills.
2. Develop individual service plan with each client and periodically review their progress.
3. Complete intake assessment on all families seen.
4. Participate, as requested, case conferences with Dept. of Social Services staff, with school personnel and other service providers.
5. Maintain records and reports necessary for good casework practice.
6. Lead an educational support group in Cayuga County.
Case Management Services
7. Educate and refer clients as needed to other services available in the community.
8. Educate clients regarding how to access those community services.
9. Establish and maintain contact with other community services to improve ability to link clients as needed.
10. Stay up-to-date on community resources and services that can benefit parents and children in the program.
Supports Mission of the Agency
11. Participate in staff meetings.
12. Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement efforts for the program and for the agency.
13. Complete required agency and program reports in a timely manner.
14. Perform other related duties as required/requested.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or related field or Associates Degree with 2 years of related experience; or Family Development
Training & Credentialing (FDC) Program.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience in human services
Knowledge of family and child welfare delivery systems, current parenting skills, child development, and financial literacy