Job Posting OPEN
Child and Family Support Worker Foster Care
Please note: You must complete each section of the employment
application in order to be considered for the next steps in our recruitment
process. Attaching a resume will not take the place of your completed
application. Thank you.
Catholic Charities of Steuben has an opening for a Child and Family Support Worker that will be directly responsible to the Coordination of Foster Care for fulfilling all case planning functions within the Therapeutic Foster Care Program.
1. Assures that the rules and regulations of the NYS Office of Children and Family Services, and the Agency as they are applicable to direct services and ASFA guidelines for children and families, are adequately and appropriately adhered to.
2. Completes all FASPs and other supporting documents within the accepted time frame outlined by Standards.
3. Acts as a case planner, at County Request, relating to community agencies, coordinating services as needed to facilitate child and family reunification.
4. Oversees the services of the therapeutic foster home and ensures compliance with each family’s treatment plan through weekly contacts with foster parents and individual meetings with each child.
5. Convenes all case review conferences involving youth, parents, therapeutic foster parents and other service providers as needed.
6. Provides regular outreach family support and education sessions and refers family members for appropriate resources.
7. Participates on the interdisciplinary treatment team (CART) by attending weekly meetings and implementing treatment plans for children and families receiving services.
8. Maintains program statistical information as required by the Agency and all other funding sources.
9. Supervises and/or coaches visitation between family members as necessary to assure the safety and best interest of all members.
10. Provides transportation for children as necessary to fulfill the mandate of facilitating visitation between family members.
11. Attends and participates in in-service and foster parent trainings to develop and enhance social work skills.
12. Provides after-hours on-call coverage for the Therapeutic Foster Care Program (in program rotation).
13. Responsible for any other duties necessary for the Therapeutic Foster Care Program within their abilities as assigned.
TITLE OF DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Coordinator of Therapeutic Foster Care
Bachelor’s degree in Social Worker or related field preferred.
1-2 years’ experience in case assessment, social work and/or service coordination.
Prior experience in Child Welfare programs preferred