Catholic Charities of the Finger Lakes has a great position full time in Geneva, NY for a Homeless Coordinator.
The Homeless Coordinator works in cooperation with the Ontario County Department of Social Services to provide the coordination and oversight of homelessness response and the direct case management and support of individuals and families identified as homeless in Ontario County. This position will also provide coordination and administer the allocation of transportation grants and services for eligible Ontario County households.
Supports Mission of the Agency
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or Associates Degree with 2 years of related experience
EXPERIENCE: -Three to Five years’ experience in human services
-Knowledge of poverty, homelessness and community conditions that impact financial stability
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.
• Willingness to foster agency, department and program wide cooperation and team work through use of positive/constructive communication techniques.
• Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in regards to all records reviewed including consumer records, employee records and billing records.
• Proficiency and experience with PC’s and Microsoft applications.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data and to handle problem resolution.
• Possession of a valid NYS Driver’s license and a driver's record considered acceptable by agency and insurance carrier.
• Continuous use of a reliable, registered and insured vehicle.
• Demonstrate commitment to Agency Mission Statement.
• Some evening hours may be required.
• Willingness to travel within the region.
• Compliance: Adheres to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations including, but not limited to, those governing confidentiality, privacy, program, billing and documentation standards. All duties must be performed in accordance with CCDR’s corporate compliance and ethics program.
Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodation:
• Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment, including motor vehicle;
• Stand, sit, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, and reach;
• Climb up or down stairs;
• Able to reach above or below shoulders;
• Occasionally lift or move objects weighing up to 10 lbs;
• Sitting at a desk or in a vehicle for long periods of time to perform certain job functions;
• Be able to read write and interpret written documents;
To get started, tell us your name and email. We will send you a confirmation email response that will include a key and a link back to this
application if you don't complete in one sitting, or if you want to check on the status.
If you previously started or completed an application and you would like to continue with the application or just check on the status, you should've been sent an email that included a job application key along with a link back
to this page. Enter the key below, or if coming from the link, the key should be defaulted for you.