Job Posting OPEN
Retail Sales Associate (Full-time Temp)
This temporary full-time position will provide support by helping with stores sales, educating
customers about the Girl Scout program and essential merchandise needed to be successful.
Process of all sales and incoming monies through the point-of-sale system.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greet and receive customers in a welcoming manner.
• Provide exceptional assistance and education to customers regarding Girl Scout
• Provide excellent customer service to all customers
• Assist and travels to other service center stores when needed and directed by the
Director of Retail Operations/Product Programs.
• Process cash registers sales, refunds, in house transfers, gift cards and other customer
related functions, including all cash receipting.
• Process phone, e-commerce, and email orders promptly and professionally.
• Assist in compilation of daily cash reconciliation in strict accordance with established
• Receiving and display of merchandise, including checking against the packing lists for
• Keep sales floor adequately stocked, making sure that items are priced.
• Keep displays fresh and appealing with frequent changes when possible.
• Monitor and keep clean and organized storerooms, workstations and sales counter.
• Provide exceptional internal and external customer service that assists in the
achievement of the organization’s mission. Assist in problem situations by facilitating
conflict resolution strategies.
• Assist with other related duties as required.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule averaging up to 36 hours per week.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel to other service centers and/or
events throughout the NYPENN jurisdiction.
• High School Diploma plus retail & customer service experience desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Minimum one year of retail sales and customer service experience required.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft computer software required. Knowledge of basic keyboarding and computer function.
• Represent the council as needed to both internal and external audiences.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
• Computer, network, cell phone, fax, telephone, voice mail, copier. Must hold a valid driver’s license and insurance and be able to travel the 26-county jurisdiction of the council.
• Sedentary work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to set-up tables and move around and/or set-up displays.
• Driving, climbing, balancing, lifting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, walking, grasping, talking, hearing.
Schedule: Tues. - Thurs., 9am - 6:30 pm, Sat. 8:30am - 1:30pm
Rate of Pay: $17/hour
GSNYPENN Pathways is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Substance-Free/Smoke-Free Workplace.