Job Posting OPEN
Healthy Family Program Supervisor
Please note: You must
complete each section of the employment application in order
to be considered for the next steps in our recruitment process. Attaching a
resume will not take the place of your completed application. Thank you.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Program Supervisors are
responsible for the direct supervision of assigned home visitors. They actively participate in the development
and implementation of the program and work collaboratively with area service
providers to make sure the goals of the program are met.
- Provides formal, strength-based, reflective,
clinical and administrative supervision as required by Healthy Families
Standards to all assigned Family Support Specialists and/or Family
Resource Specialists on a weekly basis as well as day-to-day informal
- Performs various quality assurance tasks such as observations
of assigned staff, surveying/review of participant surveys, participant
record reviews and employee performance appraisals
- Assists staff in supporting families to become
empowered to identify strengths and set goals
- Monitors staff performance, program caseloads,
performance targets and performance indicators
- Assists in staff selection and orientation as
well as facilitating on going trainings
- Ensures completion and approval of all required
data entry forms in the HFNY Management Information System.
- Act as liaison with community agencies
- Functions as team leader at assigned site, facilitating
team meetings and overseeing planning of events.
- Assists in the development of policies and
- Works closely with all referral sources and
community agencies to ensure families’ needs are being met
- Regularly discusses participant service
involvement with staff and assures that any participant which may involve ‘imminent
harm’ is referred to CPS, as well as reviews and approves all CPS reports
made by staff
- Attends trainings and conferences as required including
HFNY Core Training(s) and HFNY Advanced Training(s).
- Attends and actively participates in Healthy
Families Steuben Team Meetings
- Attends and actively participates in required
HFNY and PCA Quality Assurance Visit.
- Ensures program services provided are in
adherence to HFA Best Practice Standards, HFNY Policy, and HFS Procedure
- Assist in purchasing for program needs
- Performs other related duties as
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Healthy Families Steuben Program Coordinator
Master’s degree in human
services or fields related to working with children and families, or Bachelor’s
Degree in these fields with 3 years of relevant experience.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: As
a representative of the Agency, the Program Supervisor reinforces the
implementation of the Agency’s philosophy and program. His/her relationship with children and
families and the community reflect the highest professional standards possible.
- Sense of acceptance and fairness, with the
ability to empower and nurture.
- Administrative experience in a human service
program, including experience in quality assurance and program improvement
and site development.
- A solid understanding of or experience in supervision
and motivating staff, as well as providing support to staff in stressful
- Knowledge of infant and child development and
- Experience with family services which embrace the
concepts of family-centered and strength-based service provision.
- Knowledge of maternal-infant health and dynamics
of child abuse and maltreatment.
- Experience in home visiting with a strong
background in prevention services to the 0-3 population.
- Infant mental health endorsement preferred
- Experience with reflective practice preferred.
- Demonstrate ethical business practices, in conformance
with all state and federal laws and regulations.
- Possess excellent verbal and written
- Previous experience working with diverse populations,
including low to moderate income families.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task duties.
- Willingness to foster agency, department and program
wide cooperation and teamwork through use of positive/constructive communication
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in
regards to all records reviewed including client records, employee records
and billing records.
- Proficiency and experience with PC’s and Microsoft
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and to handle
- Possession of a valid drivers license and a
drivers record considered acceptable by agency and insurance carrier.
- Continuous use of reliable, registered and
- Demonstrates full adherence to the CC of Steuben
Code of Conduct and all policies/procedures related to compliance.
- Demonstrate commitment to program and agency
- Provide effective, equitable,
understandable and respectful quality care and services that are
responsive to diverse cultural health beliefs and practices, preferred
languages, health literacy and other communication needs.