Job Posting CLOSED
Clinical Supervisor Medicaid Managed Care Liaison
Please note: You must complete each section of the employment
application in order to be considered for the next steps in our recruitment
process. Attaching a resume will not take the place of your completed
application. Thank you.
Catholic Charities of Steuben is looking for a Clinical Supervisor The Clinical Supervisor/ Medicaid Managed Care Liaison is directly accountable to the Kinship Family and Youth Child Welfare Services Director for the day-to-day management and administration of the agency’s foster care services, the coordination of all health-related services to children in the care of the agency’s foster care program, and the coordination of all Medicaid-related services to children in the care of the agency’s foster care program. Such services are to be provided in compliance with all rules and regulations of the New York State Office of Children and Family Services and Medicaid program.
1. Coordinates all activities with regard to the day-to-day administration of the Therapeutic Foster Care Program.
2. Formulates and presents monthly information and program statistical data, providing interpretation of the data to the Kinship Family and Youth Child Welfare Services Director and contractors in matters related to the activities for which he/she is responsible.
3. Meets monthly with contract agency representatives to assure administration compliance with contractual provisions, review agency relations, resolve presenting problems, and to discuss program planning.
4. Works with treatment providers to establish treatment goals.
5. Serves as contract coordinator with all foster care health care providers and funders.
6. Assists the Finance Office in the resolution of billing issues with county Departments of Social Services and foster care health care providers.
7. Responsible for the recruitment, orientation, training, direct supervision and evaluation of therapeutic foster care behavioral health staff and family support worker staff.
8. Reviews all health care information and records.
9. Reviews and approve required medical and behavioral health forms.
10. Provides emergency medical and behavioral consultation services.
11. Makes medical eligibility recommendations for FC rates pertaining to health care conditions.
12. Assures the quality and method of supervisory practice in order to assure consistency and conformity with agency standards for supervisor practices throughout the Therapeutic Foster Care Program.
13. Coordinates all activities with regard to the day-to-day administration of Medicaid related services within the Therapeutic Foster Care Program.
14. Serves as contract coordinator with all foster care Medicaid providers.
15. Coordinates with MMCPs, LDSS, and Medicaid Managed Care Plans.
16. Responsible for oversight of all business functions regarding the Article 29-I Health Facilities License.
17. Assists the Finance Office in the resolution of billing issues with Medicaid providers.
18. Serves as the primary contact for MMCP’s and assist with placement changes.
19. Refers youth for needed services and assist in provider selection.
20. Maintains eligibility for public or private health insurance.
21. Coordinates benefits.
22. Assists with consent and/or confidentiality issues.
23. Assures the coordination of foster care Medicaid services with other services within the agency in a manner that assures that those served have appropriate access.
24. Promotes community understanding of the agency and its services through agency representation at inter-agency conferences, membership on committees, and contributions to the agency’s newsletter.
25. Is readily available via telephone and email to LDSS and the agency during regular business hours to address any issues for managed care enrollees.
26. Reports all “Critical Incidents” to the Kinship Family and Youth Child Welfare Services Director.
27. Assures program compliance with Adoption and Safe Families Act (ASFA) guidelines.
28. Works with finance team to develop annual foster care budget recommendations for inclusion in the agency’s annual operating budget, in accordance with the approved budget calendar.
29. Operates within the Therapeutic Foster Care budget plan.
30. Formulates and recommends written annual program operational plan that includes program goals, performance objectives and action plans to the Kinship Family and Youth Services Director.
31. Coordinates a policy and regulatory review process that assures the Therapeutic Foster Care Program operates in compliance with current regulatory and established program guidelines, recommending any changes in policies and procedures as needed.
32. Assures that foster care program maintains current procedural manuals, recommending changes in procedures to the Kinship Family and Youth Child Welfare Services Director as needed.
33. Responsible for ensuring foster care certifications and other credentialing requirements are up to date.
34. Assures the coordination of foster care services with other services within the agency in a manner that assures that those served have appropriate access.
35. Coordinates an annual plan with the Foster Home Finder for the recruitment and certification of qualified therapeutic foster homes, to assure that the agency as a sufficient number of quality therapeutic foster homes available to meet local need.
36. Promotes community understanding of the agency and its services through agency representation at inter-agency conferences, membership on committees, and contributions to the agency’s newsletter.
37. Acts an Emergency back-up to all program staff during their on-call rotation.
38. Exhibits flexibility to meet the needs of the program.
TITLE OF DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Kinship Family and Youth Child Welfare Services Director
QUALIFICATIONS: A licensed behavioral health practitioner (MSW, family/marriage therapist, or MH counselor) required, or equivalent qualifications with a minimum of five years’ experience in human services. Knowledge of the Medicaid Managed Care policies and operations. 1-3 years of supervisory experience preferred. Experience in Child Welfare preferred.