Job Posting OPEN
Product Program Volunteer Specialist - Cicero, NY
Girl Scouts of NYPENN Pathways has an exciting opportunity in our Product Sales Department. We are seeking a Product Program Volunteer Specialist (PPVS) who will be responsible for providing technical and administrative support to the Director of Retail Operations and Product Programs while ensuring a professional and welcoming environment. The PPVS will support volunteer and customer needs in the service centers through product sales, counter support, phones, and inventory, The PPVS collects and analyzes sales data, evaluate sales processes, programs, and systems to minimize costs and improve customer satisfaction. Additionally, the PPVS will facilitate sharing of reports and sales data between sales, marketing, and other departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with staff and volunteers to promote sales through strategic coordination of staff and volunteers. Organize/analyze program data, track inventory, manage rewards, and incentives through OpSuite, Digital Cookie, M2 and eBudde systems. Must feel comfortable with technology and have the ability to learn all systems thoroughly.
• Help promote and communicate with volunteers and local businesses to coordinate council sponsored booth sales; including managing the outcomes regarding booth sale process.
• Must work with cupboard managers to help establish guidelines and keep cupboards well supplied during cookie season. Is responsible for coordinating volunteers for the Cicero cupboard during cookie season and must be able to adjust work schedule to accommodate.
• Work with outside vendors to set up girl experiences and negotiate deals and activities that correspond with reward levels for product programs.
• Assist in volunteer, caregiver and staff trainings for product programs. This includes travel to locations throughout our council as well as facilitating virtual led trainings.
• Assist with membership and program registrations relating to the product programs.
• Responsible for the execution of special projects to support the work of departments as determined by Director of Retail operations and Product Programs
• Establish positive working relationships and communication with staff, volunteers and the community. Acts as a credible resource person able to represent and implement all aspects of Girl Scouts. Attend meetings as required. Works productively with a diverse group of people.
• Support Product sales by assisting customer care in answering and resolving cases that are in salesforce queues.
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required subject to legally valid exemptions.
Minimum Qualification Standards:
• College diploma or equivalent required.
• Prior customer service experience required.
• Working knowledge of and ability to become proficient in MS Office Suite, in particular, Excel, Salesforce/Salesforce Marketing Cloud and relevant CRM platforms.
• Must hold membership in the Girl Scout organization and subscribe to the tenets of the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
• Must have ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends during busy seasons
• Must have access to personal transportation to be able to travel the 26 counties of the state as needed, and have a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to model behavior consistent with the Principles of Inclusiveness and Girl Scout Mission, Promise, Values and Law.
• Demonstrates the passion and drive to be a part of an organization devoted to the development and support of girls.
• Computer proficiency including word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and generating reports using standard software applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Ability to effectively identify, analyze and solve problems.
• Represent the council as needed to both internal and external audiences.
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven and quickly changing environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively with all other functional areas in furtherance of council goals.
• Exerts up to 15 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
GSNYPENN is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/DP/V and LGBTQ