Job Posting OPEN
Troop Formation Specialist - Utica/Waterville service area
Do you have a passion for working with children and running programs? Do you want to make a difference in our communities? Lead troops in local communities and help more girls and adults experience the adventure of Girl Scouts. While helping girls discover themselves, connect with peers and take action to make the world a better place, you can build girls of courage, confidence and character. As you lead Girl Scout troops, you will engage other adults and empower them to make a difference as Girl Scout volunteers.
The Troop Formation Specialist plans, develops and delivers new troop experiences for girls in predetermined communities with the ultimate goal of recruiting parents/caregivers as troop leaders and volunteers, allowing the troops to sustain. The Troop Formation Specialist will This position works approximately 15 hours per week with 10% of the time office-based and 90% field-based. The position requires frequent travel and evening and weekend work responsibilities within the Utica/Waterville service area.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work under the supervision of the Sr. Membership Support Manager to plan and deliver quality, new troop formation experiences in assigned territory based on GAP analysis, areas of opportunity for troop growth, and community need
- Partner with Membership Support Managers on action plans and schedules to identify specific targets to generate the number of qualified leads needed to reach new girl goals, new troop leader/volunteer goals, and troop formation goals
- Nurture and secure parent participation in troop leadership roles including: Troop Co-Leaders, Troop Committee, and Product Sale Program volunteers
- Become an expert in the Volunteer Toolkit digital resource in order to help new troops take the lead with pre-set meeting plans, calendar planning, and communication with families
- Work collaboratively with staff, schools, and other program/community partners for the benefit of new troop formation
- Adhere to internal documented processes for record keeping, member registration, volunteer onboarding, and troop support
- Utilize Girl Scouts of NYPENN Pathways’ customer relationship management system (i.e. Salesforce) to support pursuance of qualified leads throughout the recruitment and conversion processes, as well as for the purposes of promoting troops in the Opportunity Catalog
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required subject to legally valid exemptions.
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience in the area of youth program delivery; experience in sales, recruiting, and/or public relations in a membership driven organization is a plus
- Strong human relations skills such as leadership, relationship-building, and interacting with young children
- Capability to deliver Girl Scout programming to girls, with a concentrated focus on K-3 grades, while recruiting the parent/caregivers to troop leadership positions
- Results driven and self-motivated
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook and customer relationship management systems.
- Reliable, organized, and punctual with a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
Minimum Qualification Standards:
- High school diploma required; Associate’s degree preferred and/or 4 years of relevant experience
- One to two years previous related experience
- Must have own transportation and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to travel within assigned region
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate frequent evening and weekend work
Required, Specialized, or Technical Knowledge:
- Self-starter who can work independently and takes initiative; is flexible, adaptable, organized and has a strong attention to detail
- Ability to view the council as a whole vs. individualized regions or federations to insure consistent opportunities and messaging
- Must subscribe to the principles of the Girl Scout Movement and become a registered member of GSUSA
Equal Opportunity Employment
Girl Scouts of NYPENN Pathways celebrates diversity in all forms and is committed to creating an inclusive, collaborative and supportive environment for all. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, performance and the needs of the organization. As an equal opportunity employer, GSNYPENN does not discriminate on the basis of any qualified applicant’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other groups or persons protected by federal, state or local law.