Job Posting OPEN
Emergency Services Case Manager
We are Hiring!
Charities of Chemung/Schuyler is growing and seeking an Emergency Services Case
Manager to join our Team.
Catholic Charities’ mission is to support all people in
need and advocate for social justice and human dignity in partnership with the
Diocese of Rochester and the greater community. We envision a
just and compassionate community rooted in love and the dignity of all
people. Our objectives are to address the needs of the community’s most vulnerable
people and to challenge conditions causing poverty and despair.
you're looking for an opportunity to express and explore your passion for
helping others, then join a team that truly makes a difference DAILY, in
people's lives. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful candidates who have
enthusiasm for helping people. We have supportive leadership who invest in our
people and provide opportunities for employees to thrive, grow and learn.
miss out on being a part of something special!
Under the supervision of the
Director of Emergency Services, the Emergency Services Case Manager (ESCM) core
function is to establish eligible benefits, the coordination of services for
individuals and families staying in Emergency Homeless housing. The ESCM will
provide; education (teaching knowledge and skills), support (recognizing
successes and assisting with challenges) and accountability (ensuring that all
individuals are receiving the services they need, and compliance is being
achieved with all contractual and regulatory obligations with CC-CS and the
Chemung County Department of Social Services.
The ESCM will provide direct
services to residents; prepare/complete assessments; develop and implement
individualized Independent Living Plans; assist residents in achieving goals;
facilitate groups and activities; make referrals to community-based services;
assist in accessing and maintaining entitlements/benefits; advocate for needed
services; assist residents in meeting the obligations of tenancy.
• Responsible for filing documentation in accordance with funding regulations, agency policy, procedure, or business practice.
• Meet regularly with the Emergency Shelter manager and/or Director of Emergency Services to review file documentation.
• Participate in agency orientation of program operations, policy, procedure, goals and objectives.
• Facilitate the integration of the residents into the community, using community-based services whenever possible.
• Maintain accurate case file records and reports based on the requirements of each funding source/program.
• Coordinate with Chemung County DSS examiner to support decisions related to placement.
• Complete reservations as requested at local motels for clients approved for temporary shelter and facilitate the transportation, food and hygiene supplies.
• Responsible for working with an at-risk population referred by the Department of Corrections.
• Document, develop, and/or implement the following: Coordinated Entry and Preliminary Health screening assessments, Independent Living plans, discharge planning, progress notes, and income in accordance with each client’s situation, ensuring that the completion of these documents is in accordance with agency policy, procedure, or business practice. Documentation in HMIS AWARDS, data entry as required.
• Facilitate scheduled meetings with clients and if applicable provide group meetings.
• Renew file documents with expiration dates including Release of Information (ROI) and/or Consents to Release Information and income verification.
• Ensure the Shelter property is maintained at agency standards: reporting to the Shelter Manager/Director of Emergency Services the need for supply replacement or property maintenance in accordance with agency policy, procedure, or business practice.
• Ensure food supplies and personal hygiene items are documented and provided to clients in motels.
• Assist, as needed, residents in complying with treatment/service providers, ensuring that there is no lapse in service/funding.
• Advocate/mediate for residents establishing tenancy with landlords and, employment, funding related issues.
• Assist residents transitioning from temporary sheltering to a more/less restrictive level of care, ensuring a continuity of care with providers and funding streams.
• Collaborate with the CC-CS Admissions department for referrals and placement needs.
• Ensure that the resident has access to services and to ensure that the rights and confidentiality of the resident are not overlooked or denied.
• Provide on call guidance/support to Shelter staff in emergency situations, in collaboration with Director of Emergency Services and/or the Shelter Manager.
• Attend staff meetings, treatment team / provider meetings, and staff development/training seminars in accordance with agency policy, procedure, or business practice.
• Ability to work nontraditional hours as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
Position Title: Emergency
Services Case Manager
Salary: $21.50-23.00/hour depending on
education and experience.
Schedule: Full Time: Monday-Friday
We offer a comprehensive benefits package (see below) to our
full-time workforce members who work 30 or more hours per week.
are we looking for?
Someone who is passionate about making a positive impact in
Someone who values partnership and works well both
individually and as a part of a team.
Someone who is empathetic, ethical, and goal orientated.
Someone who is a great communicator and has exemplary
attention to detail.
degree in human services
years’ experience in human services role
combination of education and experience may be substituted at the discretion of
the Executive Director.
Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or
without reasonable accommodation:
Use hands to manipulate, handle,
feel, and control items or equipment, including motor vehicles.
sit, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, and reach.
up or down stairs.
to reach above or below shoulders.
lift or move objects weighing up to10 lbs.
at a desk or in a vehicle for long periods of time to perform certain job
- Be able to read,
write and interpret written documents.
you will get:
offer a comprehensive benefits package (see below) to our full-time workforce
members who work 30 or more hours per week.
depending on education and experience.
Full time, M-F
Paid Time Off: Accrue up
to 10 days in the first year, 15 days after 1st Anniversary.
Holidays: 12 paid
NY State Paid Sick Leave
Agency Sick Leave
Group and Term Life
403b Retirement Plan,
with agency contribution for those that qualify (subject to agency performance)
My Better Benefits –
provides discounts and savings on thousands of products and services.
Our hiring process and timeline:
Applications will be reviewed regularly until the position is
Phone screenings will be conducted with qualified candidates.
In-person one-hour interviews will be conducted with
candidates who advance after the phone screening
In-person interviews are typically with 2-4 Interviewers
Selected candidate(s) to start ASAP.
***Catholic Charities is committed to leveraging the talent
of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our agencies and our
people. EOE/AA Disability/Vet