Job Posting OPEN
Emergency Services Case Manager
Catholic Charities Chemung/Schuyler has an amazing opportunity with their Emergency Services program. This Emergency Services Case Manager will engage and refer treatment to individuals utilizing services in Emergency Housing (at the Second Place East Shelter and local motels), Community Based Residential Program (CBRP) and Samaritan Center utilizing trust-building, motivational and integrated treatment methodologies, referrals to local treatment providers and by monitoring progress.
All individuals being served will receive the following provisions such as, but not limited to; securing housing, education (teaching knowledge and skills), support (recognizing successes and assisting with challenges) and accountability (ensuring that all individuals are receiving the services they need and the program follows all contractual and regulatory obligations).
1. Responsible for file documentation in accordance with funding regulations, agency policy, procedure, or business practice.
2. Meet regularly with the Emergency Shelter manager and Director of Emergency Services, to review file documentation.
3. Participate in agency orientation of program operations, policy, procedure, goals and objectives.
4. Facilitate the integration of the resident into the community, using community-based services whenever possible.
5. Maintain accurate case file records and reports based on the requirements of each funding source/program.
6. Responsible for working with an at-risk population referred by the Department of Corrections.
7. Complete client drug screenings requiring the handling of urine.
8. Document, develop, and/or implement the following: assessments, service plan goals, hospitalizations, discharge planning, progress notes, and income in accordance with each residential housing program, ensuring that the completion of these documents is in accordance with agency policy, procedure, or business practice. Documentation includes both written and data entry as required.
9. Renew file documents with expiration dates including Release of Information (ROI) and/or Consents to
Release Information and income verification.
10. Ensure the Shelter and CPRB property is maintained at agency standards: reporting to the Shelter Manager the need for household furniture/supply replacement or property maintenance in accordance with agency policy, procedure, or business practice.
11. Assist, as needed, residents in complying with treatment/service providers, ensuring that there is no lapse in service/funding.
12. Advocate/mediate for residents establishing tenancy with landlords and, employment, funding related issues.
13. Assist residents transitioning from the program to a more/less restrictive level of care, ensuring a continuity of care with providers and funding streams.
14. Ensure that the resident has access to services and to ensure that the rights and confidentiality of the resident are not overlooked or denied.
15. Provide on call guidance/support to Shelter staff in emergency situations, in collaboration with Director of
Emergency Services and the Shelter Manager.
16. Attend staff meetings, treatment team / provider meetings, and staff development/training seminars in accordance with agency policy, procedure, or business practice.
17. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree relevant to Human Services/Criminal Justice preferred. Associate’s degree relevant to Human Services/Criminal Services required.
Two years’ experience in providing homeless or related services.
A combination of education and experience may be substituted at the discretion of the Executive Director.