Job Posting OPEN
Please note: You must complete each section of
the employment application in order to be considered for the next steps in our
recruitment process. Attaching a resume will not take the place of your
completed application. Thank you.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Please note this is a part time position working afternoons Monday through Friday.
The primary function of the Program Assistant is to assist the Group Leader in the care and supervision of children in a particular room, while participating in all room activities with emphasis on providing a safe and nurturing environment that is conducive to optimal growth in each of a child’s developmental areas. On occasion overtime may be required; regularly submits to medical monitoring and must successfully pass required medical tests.
1. Conduct a visual assessment of each child daily. Report any inconsistencies to the Head of Group immediately and follow up with written documentation.
2. Provide routine custodial care to the children including diapering, toileting, and personal hygiene as necessary.
3. Assist in planning, executing and supervising developmentally appropriate activities that promote the healthy emotional, social, intellectual, and physical growth of each child.
4. Assist in completing room or group paperwork- attendance, meal counts, and activity plans in a timely manner.
5. Provide positive guidance and discipline techniques that emphasize socialization skills and the development of self-control.
6. Communicate with parents daily in a positive manner.
7. Assist in daily routine procedures.
8. Monitor all outdoor and indoor activities to insure the safety of each child.
9. Serve and eat all meals with the children and assist in the development of good nutrition habits and socially acceptable manners.
10. Be knowledgeable and in compliance with all items specified in the New York State regulations for child care centers.
11. Report and document all accidents or incidents in regards to the children.
12. Treat all children with dignity and respect.
13. Assist in bi-annual assessments and parent conferences.
14. Assume classroom responsibilities in the absence of the Group Leader.
15. Attend staff meetings and trainings.
16. Other duties deemed necessary by the Director.
TITLE OF DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Day Care Center Director
High School Diploma or GED.
Basic knowledge of child development and previous child care experience