Job Posting OPEN
Electrical Hardware Engineer
Han-Tek is a growing provider of engineered automated material handling solutions used in the food and beverage, Aerospace, Automotive, Specialty Metals and Manufacturing marketplace. Customers such as Corning, John Deere, Boeing, Nestle, and American Axle embrace our innovative automated material handling solutions.
We are in search of an Electrical Hardware Engineer for our Honeoye, NY office. This individual will be responsible for designing motor control panels and other systems related to material handling systems. In this position, you will lead controls engineering efforts for concepting, design, programming, testing, and installation and commissioning for automated material handling control systems.
Your exceptional work ethic combined with outstanding communication skills and our team-based engineering methodology will allow you to be able to develop complete hardware designs and PLC/Robot control programs for automated material handling systems while owning the controls scope, schedule and budget on a project.
Responsibilities and skills required:
• Hardware design of industrial controls for various custom automated assembly, test, and material handling machines.
• Responsible for designing full detailed drawing sets required to control systems.
• Design/Specify and Integrate Electrical, Pneumatic, and Hydraulic Control Systems Hardware for Automated Assembly, Test, and Material Handling Systems. This includes power feed calculations, 480-volt power schematics, 120-volt control schematics, I/O drawings, field device layouts, and panel layout/design.
• Develop accurate Bill of Materials.
• Develop build and installation plans
• Collaborate with Mechanical Engineering, Controls Engineer, Machine Builder, Project Manager and Purchasing staff during the design and build process.
• Work closely with controls build department on the wiring and plumbing of equipment.
• Ensure that design is in line with project requirements and Han-Tek design standards and budgets.
• Attend project meetings with project managers and participate as a positive influence in maintaining excellent customer relationship while minimizing scope creep.
• Write or contribute to machine functional/maintenance manuals based on designs.
• Interface with customer engineering and end-user contacts during project design and implementation cycle
• Flexibility; willing to work as required to keep the project on schedule
• Dependability reliable; timely completion of assignments
• Travels to site to support field efforts (15-25% travel required)
• Ability to climb ladders, work at heights, and occasionally lift 25 lbs.
Qualifications and experience needed:
• BS Degree with 5+ years’ work experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience selecting and designing hardware to control and monitor industrial machinery and/or industrial processes
• Comprehensive knowledge of electrical engineering design standards, including NEC, NFPA, and UL standards
• Pallet, case, and custom conveyor experience is a plus
• AutoCAD/AutoCAD Electrical design software
• E-plan software highly desirable
Additional Recommended Qualifications:
• UL508A control panel design
• Motion and robotic control system design experience
• Risk assessment and safety design experience, including SISTEMA reporting
What we will provide:
• A competitive salary
• Competitive benefits, including healthcare, 401k
Han-Tek is an equal opportunity employer that provides a professional work environment, competitive compensation plans and benefits.