Job Posting OPEN
Child Health Services Coordinator - Part Time
Please note: You must complete each section of the employment
application in order to be considered for the next steps in our recruitment
process. Attaching a resume will not take the place of your completed
application. Thank you.
The Child Health Services Coordinator is directly accountable to the Coordinator of Therapeutic Foster Care for the organization, management, administration and provision of all health-related services to children in the care of the agency’s foster care program. Such services are to be provided in compliance with all rules and regulations of the New York State Medicaid Program and the Office of Children and Family Services.
This is a part time opportunity in Hornell, NY
1. Coordinates Health services for children in care and manages documentation.
2. Provides initial health assessments of children entering care by collecting health related information from referring agency, birth family and child, including HIV assessment and capacity to consent and prior consent for specific OT meds.
3. Assists the foster parents in scheduling of health and medical appointments for children as necessary.
4. Maintains comprehensive health records in Connections system per program mandates and hard copies of all children in therapeutic foster care.
5. Assures follow-up referral for medical treatment as necessary and oversight of psychotropic medications.
6. Provides HIV evaluation information to doctors to determine need for testing and child’s capacity to consent.
7. Attends service planning meetings with referring agencies, including intake, day one, service plan reviews, etc. as able.
8. Provides in-service trainings for foster parents and foster care staff on medications, procedures, and other relevant identified topics.
9. Assist with transportation for children to sensitive health appointments as necessary.
10. Serves as a member of the Child Assessment Review Team (C.A.R.T.) and team meetings providing direction on health-related issues for children in care.
11. Responsible for health discharge plan as part of child’s service plan.
12. Obtains necessary consents for medication as required by agency and county policies and procedures in a timely manner to assure proper dispensing of prescriptions.
13. Monitors medication administration in Foster Homes to ensure policies and procedures are followed.
14. Maintains a list of current meds and dosages and known allergies for each child and maintains copy in on-call binder.
15. Maintains contact with pharmacy and dentists of current census.
16. Obtains consents from former and current health care providers to facilitate ongoing treatment and evaluation complying with HIPAA regulations.
17. Provides after-hours on-call coverage to the Therapeutic Foster Care program (in program rotation).
TITLE OF DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Coordinator of Therapeutic Foster Care
New York State Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse required.
Experience in the care and the special health needs of children preferred.