Job Posting CLOSED
Classification: Full Time; Hourly Non-Exempt; 12-month
Reports to: Director of Operations & Compliance
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of high school diploma or equivalency with emphasis on commercial/business courses with two (2) years relevant work experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education, experience, and training. Must have PC/Windows experience. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills necessary for working with our diverse population of stakeholders and clients. Must observe strict confidentiality regarding clients and other agency matters. Weekend coverage required.
General duties of this position include all aspects of greeting and processing of clients and visitors. This position is part of an administrative team responsible for scheduling client visits, handling of telephone calls and messages, typing correspondence and reports, data entry of intakes, faxing, readying and posting of mail, collecting of payments from clients, opening and closing of the office, and carrying out other duties as directed and necessary with a regard for confidentiality at all times.
Recovering people applying as staff must have a minimum of two years free of alcohol and drug use.
- Greet all clients and visitors, answer phone calls, and record messages as required;
- Open and close the office daily (includes locking up of any confidential material on a daily basis);
- Set up all information for new clients into the database and assign identification numbers to each;
- Schedule evaluation appointments and mail out copies of evaluation letters to new clients;
- Maintain cash box and collect client payments made in person daily;
- Check account balances and call clients for payments while directed, offering payment plans as appropriate;
- Verify insurance and complete credit card transactions;
- Enter daily individual, medical, and group appointments into the appropriate database;
- Print clinician daily summary sheet for distribution on a daily basis;
- Call client and communicate appointment reminders;
- Prepare outgoing mail and check urine drug screening bottle caps;
- Retrieve and distribute incoming mail and faxes to staff;
- Maintain master group list(s);
- Other duties as directed and assigned;
Compensation: Competitive; $17.00-19.00/hr commensurate with experience;
Excellent benefits include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Employee Assistance Program, Pet Insurance, Identity Protection, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, 403(b) Retirement, 403(b) employer matching, and exciting opportunities for professional development.
Alcohol & Drug Council of Tompkins County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, amnesty status, veteran status, or disability.
Alcohol & Drug Council of Tompkins County, Inc. is a STAR LRP-approved facility and a Certified Living Wage Employer